Movienizer can download information about
persons from a number of
various online databases.
It also supports custom fields, playing movies
in the built-in or in an
external player, marking movies as loaned in
its loan manager,
quick searching etc.
To customize, or adjust behavior of all these features, you can use the
In the main window, click "Tools" - "Options".
"Script for movies" and "Script for persons" tabs are discussed in the
section about online
databases. For information about the "Custom fields" tab please refer to the
section about custom fields. We discuss
download options separately.
If you must use proxy to access the internet, fill out required fields on the
On the "General" tab, there are a few options.
- "Timeout, ms" - defines how long the program should wait for a
remote server to respond. Sometimes online databases are busy processing
requests and may reply with some delay, or there might be a delay due to
your local network problems. In such cases, increasing the value may be
necessary for successful downloads.
- "Number of symbols in the synopsis" - defines the maximum number of
symbols (including spaces) in the movie description both on the movie page
and in reports. The description is truncated. On the movie page, you can
expand the description by clicking "Show more".
- "Number of frames to save" - defines how many shots the program
should take from the movie when you are
and use the "Several shots" button in the player.
- "Automatically add movie to collection when you download information" -
the program will automatically add every movie that you download info about
to your collection (the "In collection" box will be checked after every
download). This may be convenient for those who add only movies they own.
You may want to uncheck the option if you are creating
- "Automatically set return when changing location of the movie" - sets
return date in the Loan manager, if you
change location of the movie.
- "Use the built-in video-player" - plays movies in the
built-in player if you click the play button on the
toolbar. Alternatively Movienizer can start movies in your system's
- "Auto filter when typing into quick search" - interactive
quick search field. If unchecked, the program
searches only after you hit Enter on your keyboard.
- "Show shot's time in the picture window" - shows when the particular
shot has been taken.
- "Show movie/person preview on mouse over" - shows a popup box with a
cover/photo and some summary about movie/person.
- "Show nice preview (slower)" - when checked applies styles to the list
of movies/persons. Works a bit slower than the standard preview.
- "Resizing pictures" - you can define whether you want to resize
pictures. Some downloaded pictures may be too big to fit your screen (rare),
or simply too different in size.