Download ID3 Tags from MusicBrainz
The MP3 tag editor will supply your music files with information like title, artist, album, year etc. It is possible to extract tags from filenames, download ID3 tags from Amazon, FreeDB, Discogs, MusicBrainz. Additionally mp3Tag Pro can download album art and lyrics.
If you want to download ID3 tags from MusicBrainz, select all files of a music album. Then click the arrow down next to the "Generate tags" button (on the middle toolbar):
From the dropdown list, select "Download tags from MusicBrainz". This will open a new window showing you the selected files and a few simple controls. You can move files up and down the list, if you want to change their order, like discussed in another section.
Please take a look at the "Artist" and "Album" fields. Here you can specify information about your album. If your files contain some tags, these fields may be filled out automatically. Otherwise just enter the information by hand.
It is sufficient to fill out just one field. However, you will get more accurate results if you use the both fields.
Click the "Get albums" button to send a query to MusicBrainz servers.
Albums related to your search will be shown in the dropdown list that will replace the hint about entering artist/album info. Select an album from the list, check if it's the correct one (depending on the release, albums may include various additional tracks).
If everything is correct, just click on the "Save tracks info" button. Downloaded information about the album will be saved to your files.
Now you can rename your files using information from ID3 tags.
- Experience in tagging since 1999.
- Tested by thousands of users on different versions of Windows.
- Intuitive interface, not cluttered with dozens of small buttons. Easy to learn, convenient to tag.
- Unique features not available anywhere else.
- Used by music professionals worldwide.
- Great flexibility at renaming and sorting audio files. Sort your collection just the way you want it in a couple of clicks!