Convert MIDI files to WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA
MIDI Converter Studio is specially designed to make conversion of MIDI (.mid, .midi) and KARAOKE (.kar) files into proper MP3, WAV, WMA, or OGG Vorbis music easy and effective. With help of SoundFonts the program converts MIDI files much quicker than similar tools, and the result doesn't depend on your sound card (in fact, you don't even need to have a sound card to convert MIDI with MIDI Converter Studio). If you want to preserve the original sound of your system, just switch to capture mode.
MIDI files don't contain actual music. Instead they use control messages to tell a musical instrument or your computer's sound card what should be played. The instrument (or sound card) uses its own capabilities to create music according to those messages. The process is often called "sound synthesis", and the device which produce the sound is referred to as "synthesizer". The resulting sound depends on device and often varies from system to system. For example, expensive sound cards usually produce better and more natural sound.
This is quite different from MP3 files (as an example) that offer ready-made digital audio.
MIDI Converter Studio helps to convert message-files into real music. The resulting files you can take anywhere you want (load into your MP3 player, for instance), and they will sound exactly the same.
Moreover, because of SoundFonts support you don't need to buy an expensive sound card to make your MIDI files sound natural. Just download an appropriate SoundFont from a free repository and use it to convert the MIDI into WAV (or some other format) with MIDI Converter Studio. You can also use several SoundFonts simultaneously, for example, a special SoundFont for piano and a GM-set for the rest of the instruments in your MIDI file.
The program allows you to:
- Convert MIDI to MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG using SoundFonts.
- Convert MIDI to WAV, WMA, MP3, OGG by recording your sound card's output.
- Use several SoundFonts simultaneously.
- Make MIDI files sound different by using different SoundFonts.
- Convert various MIDI formats: MIDI 0, MIDI 1, Karaoke MIDI, RIFF MIDI 0, RIFF MIDI 1.
- Pre-listen how a melody will sound with a given SoundFont using built-in player.
- Set MP3 tags for output files with help of simple ID3 tag editor.
- Set tempo.
- Customize quality of output MP3/WAV/WMA/OGG files.
- Prepare files to burn an Audio CD.
- Batch process multiple files.
- Use intuitive multilingual interface.
- Drag&Drop Support.
- Use hot keys.
- Windows Vista compatible!
If you can't wait to begin, just proceed to "Quick Start" section.
Looking for Convert MP3 to MIDI, WAV to MIDI Converter?
If you are looking for a MIDI to MP3 Converter for Macintosh, there is a program called MIDI to MP3 Converter for Mac.
I also use the MIDI converter software to create audio CDs for choir members to learn their parts. Some of them don't have computers and e-mail to use MIDI files, so with the converter I can give them a CD to play on standard audio equipment.Earl Hughes
- High quality MIDI to MP3 conversion.
- Support for multiple Soundfonts. Use several Soundfonts simultaneously!
- Very fast MIDI conversion. 10+ times faster than similar tools!
- Various instrument samples can be used. Enrich your sound!