AudioConverter Studio was designed to make conversion
between MP3, WMA, OGG Vorbis, APE, FLAC, MPC, WAV, CDA (Audio CD) formats as
simple as possible even for inexperienced users. Its
wizard guides the user step by step to the
desired goal. If the user wants to rip an Audio CD, the program will
automatically fetch all information about the album either from
or from the online database CDDB (if CD-Text is not available).
However, this simplicity of use doesn't mean that advanced users have to yawn
and blame designers for too much user friendliness. AudioConverter Studio can
also work in the classic mode, and
that's where different options may become helpful.
You can call Options menu by clicking "File" - "Options".
This will bring up the following window:
Let's see what each option means.
- Delete input files after a successful conversion - deletes source files,
if the conversion was successful. If some error has happened during the
conversion, source files won't be deleted. You can use this option together
with the option to place converted files to the input folder. In such way
you can will convert your collection without destroying its structure of
folders: old files will be simply replaced with new ones.
- Don't use Recycle Bin - will delete files permanently, without moving
them to the Recycle Bin.
- Auto clear output files list after conversion/ripping is done - will
clear output area in the classic
mode. Can be useful, if you intend to do several conversions during one
- Eject the CD when the ripping is done - ejects your CD after a
- Add folders for conversion - you can add folders with subfolders for
converting. All audio files found in the folder and its subfolders will be
- Auto save M3U/PLS playlist after conversion - the program can create
playlist files for converted files, so that you can easily play them later.
- Show wizard on Startup - as you launch AudioConverter Studio, it starts
in the wizard mode.
- Show popup hints - as you point with the mouse cursor to some element of
the interface, a popup hint is shown, describing what this element is for.
- Beep on finish - informs the user that the current conversion is
finished with a beep.
- Show message after processing files - shows a message after every
- Auto use CD-Text - when ripping an Audio CD, tries to get information
about the album from the CD-Text field (if available).
- Show message if renaming is not available - informs the user that the
files he or she tries to convert don't contain any tag information and thus
cannot be renamed. This refers to the convert and rename feature.
- Using CDDB - defines how the program uses the online database to get
information like title, artist, album etc. about Audio CDs that you rip.
Here you can set up proxy server, if needed. As for the CDDB server option,
it is recommended to use freedb.freedb.org, but you can choose other
possibilities from the dropdown list, if they work quicker on your system.
- MP3/ MP3 VBR encode quality - here you can choose how quickly the
program should convert files to MP3.
- Preconverting time - specifies how much of each file should be
converted/ripped, if the prelisten conversion mode was selected.
After changing some of the options, click "OK" to confirm your choice and to
close the window.