Catalog and classify your media collection easily!
What is Media Catalog Studio? It is the program that can manage catalogs of all multimedia files in your collection. No matter whether it's – on your hard drive, CD Rom, DVD, floppy disk or portable Flash-device. Once you have connected a device with the files to the computer, indicating the file's locations, the program will remember all the information on MP3, WMA, MP4, MPC, APE, OGG, AAC, FLAC, WV, WAV, AVI, MPEG, WMV, Video and Audio CD files. This information will be stored in the database and you won't need to call to all your friends or search all shelves, looking for the necessary disk. Media Catalog Studio will remind you of its location, supplementing the information on artists and albums. You will discover all power of work with the database supplied with the user-friendly interface. You can ask for any parameter from your catalog in any order: artists, albums, tracks, genres, bitrates, ratings, moods and more. You can easily find the track providing a word from the lyrics or the title or some additional information - file size and its frequency. Searching for duplicates by file names, their internal information and tags will help to sort out your media collection. Media Catalog Studio has a handy tag editor that will enable to add normal description to your catalog. To easily make new playlists, a temporary list is available where you can place files from all the catalogs on your computer without having to care for their location. Last but not least, you can just use it in order to listen to the music!
- Manages audio and video files on different carriers.
- Supports MP3, WMA, M4a, APE, OGG, MP+, AAC, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AVI, MPEG, WMV and Audio CD formats.
- Works with M3U and PLS playlists.
- Prints reports.
- Stores catalogs in the database which does not require an additional installation.
- Shows virtually all possible information about the files, even if they are not currently in your computer.
- Sorts media by artist/album/year/bitrate/frequency/genre/mood /tempo/category /rating and so on in any order.
- Searching for tracks by the information contained in the tags, lyrics, file names, their sizes and other parameters.
- Searching for duplicate files by tags/file names and sizes, their media information.
- Supports CDDB and get information about songs (Title, Artist, Album, Year) directly from Internet.
- Supports cdplayer.ini file for Audio CD.
- Tag editor in MP3, MP4, WMA, OGG, MPC, APE files.
- Read and write MP3-tags of ID3v1, ID3v2 and Lyrics3 versions.
- Displays the lyrics and pictures stored in the files.
- Uses a temporary list for better management of media catalog.
- Generates playlists for Windows Media Player and Winamp.
- Exports fields into text files (CSV and tab tab delimited text) and MS Excel.
- Totally customized lists visualization: columns order and number.
- Totally customized visualization of directory tree formats.
- Tracks the location of the disks.
- Shows statistics as a diagram on the number of tracks, artists and albums.
- Multilingual interface.
- Modern Windows XP style design.
And this is absolutely free*! For quick start press the mouse button two times and add the files into Media Catalog Studio database.
Supported audio formats:
Supported video formats:
Supported playlist formats:
* The free version works with some restrictions.
With my media library growing everyday I was looking for a way to organize it all. I found Media Catalog and plan to stick with it. This program searches all available media devices/drives to locate any type of digital type media. Once you install this program and search for media it immediately creates a very detailed catalog of your media. Media Catalog then takes that information and creates a great deal of options for you, such as, searching your music media by Artist or by year. This program is pretty good to have handy.Derek
- Highly adjustable tool to manage big collections of multimedia files.
- Advanced search engine.
- Easily find and eliminate duplicates of your files.
- Create playlists and reports in a few clicks.
- The free lite version.