mp3Tag Pro and Windows Vista / Windows 7
The MP3 tag editor fully supports Windows Vista and Windows 7, including all x32 and x64 editions.
If you are trying to edit ID3 tags and keep getting a message that mp3Tag Pro couldn't save files, this may mean that UAC is active on your system. UAC (User Account Control) is a new feature that enforces new security policies. Your user account may have administrator privileges, but you are still not allowed to change files that you don't own. By default, all files that are outside your home directory are owned by administrator (or by other users that have created those files).
So, if you get such message, you can do one of the following:
- Add yourself as a co-owner of the files that you're trying to process. This can be done by right-clicking the folder in Windows Explorer, selecting "Properties" - "Security" - "Edit" - "Add". You should add your username.
- Right-click mp3Tag Pro's icon and select "Run as administrator".
- Turn UAC off (not recommended).
If you get a message that the program couldn't be initialized properly, or that some DLL file couldn't be loaded, please check your DEP settings.
Read what users think about our software:
Steve, Bournemouth, UK.
Nigel Hale (uk)
- Experience in tagging since 1999.
- Tested by thousands of users on different versions of Windows.
- Intuitive interface, not cluttered with dozens of small buttons. Easy to learn, convenient to tag.
- Unique features not available anywhere else.
- Used by music professionals worldwide.
- Great flexibility at renaming and sorting audio files. Sort your collection just the way you want it in a couple of clicks!