Copy ID3v1 to ID3v2 or ID3v2 to ID3v1
MP3 files may contain two incompatible versions of tags: ID3v1 and ID3v2. To learn more about ID3 tags, please refer to this section.
Sometimes you may find it necessary to synchronize the tag versions, i.e. copy ID3v1 to ID3v2, or, vice versa, copy ID3v2 to ID3v1. Of course, only those fields that are present in each version can be copied, like title, artist, comments, album etc.
In the "ID3 tags" area, click "Save" on the toolbar (or press F2):
In just the same way you can convert ID3 tags to Unicode or to ANSI.
- Experience in tagging since 1999.
- Tested by thousands of users on different versions of Windows.
- Intuitive interface, not cluttered with dozens of small buttons. Easy to learn, convenient to tag.
- Unique features not available anywhere else.
- Used by music professionals worldwide.
- Great flexibility at renaming and sorting audio files. Sort your collection just the way you want it in a couple of clicks!