Auto Fill Track Number
Sometimes the track number field is missing from MP3, WMA, OGG, APE, FLAC tags. Although track numbers may be present in filenames (in which case you can always extract them using the generate tags feature of the MP3 tag editor), it is easier to fill out the field automatically.
First, select audio files. Click the "Generate tags" button on the toolbar in the "ID3 tags" area:
A new window will be shown. Make sure that the "Tags generator" tab is selected (see the screenshot below), then click this button:
In the new dialog, enter some number to begin with.
Any number can be used as the start number.
Set "Fields from tags" either to "Overwrite" or to "Overwrite only existing fields". If you select "Overwrite", please uncheck all other fields:
In the bottom part of the window, click "Generate tags" to save the newly generated track numbers.
- Experience in tagging since 1999.
- Tested by thousands of users on different versions of Windows.
- Intuitive interface, not cluttered with dozens of small buttons. Easy to learn, convenient to tag.
- Unique features not available anywhere else.
- Used by music professionals worldwide.
- Great flexibility at renaming and sorting audio files. Sort your collection just the way you want it in a couple of clicks!