- The short history of tagging
- Once upon a time, there were some giant companies that, with the failure of
the 4-channel battle fresh in mind, formed an expert group with the mission to
invent tomorrow's technology in sound compression...
- About MPEG Audio Layer
- What does MP3 stand for? MP3 stands for MPEG audio Layer-3 developed by
Fraunhofer Institute. And what is MPEG?..
- About MPG, MPEG-4
- "Em-peg" Motion Picture Experts Group, compression/decompression (codec)
format for storing video and audio on digital media. It was adopted by
International Standards Organization as ISO 11172 standard...
- About ASF, WMA, WMV
- The Advanced Systems Format (ASF) is the file format used by Windows Media
Technologies. Audio and/or Video content compressed with a wide variety of
codecs can be stored in an ASF file and played back with the Windows Media
- Music In The Digital Universe
- Music, along with sound effects and speech, is one of the most important
elements of multimedia audio presentation. In the digital realm there exist many
ways to represent music, all of which have advantages and disadvantages...
- While of only indirect relevance to "sound cards", a place has to be found
somewhere for a technology that took the PC world by storm in the first half of
1999 - and this seems to be the most appropriate...
- What is MP3 and How can we use it?
- Two years ago, MP3 was just another audio compression format. Today, it's a Net phenomenon that's at the center of an enormous controversy...
- Impact of MP3 on the Music Industry
- In recent years, advances in the speed and functionality of the communications infrastructure have made information more accessible to the non-professional user...
- MP3 to get digital rights management
- In the background of the growing popularity of online music stores such as iTunes Music Store and Napster looms a format war between AAC and WMA. Is there room for a third challenger?...
- Variable Bitrate MP3 Encoding
- To those with trained ears, much of what passes for Internet Audio is defined by its limitations. Some sanguine engineers, realizing the value of balancing speed with pristine sound...
- Why MP3 and For How Long?
- You've probably being been hearing a lot about MP3 lately. Maybe you've downloaded or encoded music in that format, maybe you (like so many other people) entered the phrase "MP3"...
- MP3: Getting Your Music From The Garage To The Web
- Wouldn't it be great it there was a way to promote your music to millions of music fans across the world, and it wouldn't cost you a dime? The answer to this question lies in the form of the World Wide Web, and more specifically, the MP3 format...